The Scottish Government have this morning announced that ALL Non Essential retail shops must close.
For clarity, this means if you don’t sell essential items like food and medicine. your shop must close to the public from tonight. The news is another major decision that will affect people all over the country. This measure applies to Scotland only (for now) with shops elsewhere in the UK remaining open for the time being.
The press conference led by Nicola Sturgeon also covered the following points. Here’s a roundup of todays statements:
- All non essential shops should close.
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon announces four more deaths in Scotland – taking the total to 14
- She gave the latest figures in her daily update. Earlier she told the BBC that the acceleration of coronavirus is “rapid”
- Schools across Scotland are now closed – except for children of key workers
- Trains have moved to a reduced timetable with a focus on providing public transport for key workers
- More than 200,000 at-risk people in Scotland are to receive letters containing “strict guidance” on mandatory isolation.
17 total views