Category: Charity

Blantyre Albion Munro Challenge

On Sunday the 10th of July Blantyre Albion will be taking on the 7 Munros in a day challenge to raise funds for both the Glasgow Childrens Hospital Charity and the club. They told us, “75% of the proceeds will go to the Charity with the other 25% going to the running and improvement of […]

Asda Shoppers Kindness

Shoppers at Asda Blantyre graciously donated over 570 meals last month to help people facing hunger in the local area. The drive was part of a campaign throughout May which saw shoppers adding extra food items and toiletries to their trolleys which were then passed on to a collection for Hamilton District Foodbank. Asda has […]

Terminal One Volunteer Recognition

Blantyre Youth Group, Terminal One have celebrated Volunteers Week Scotland by presenting their volunteers with Saltire Awards and St Andrew’s First Aid Certificates. The young folk gave their time to deliver youth groups & are making a worthwhile difference in our local communities. Well done everyone! You and your families should rightly be very proud!

Calderside Academy’s BIG climb

The young people of Blantyre’s Calderside Academy are resting after an arduous adventure last week, climbing Tinto Hill. The pupils were undertaking the climb to raise money for charity. On Wednesday, 25th May, 180 intrepid pupils and 20 staff made the climb up Tinto Hill I order to raise money for the fantastic St Andrew’s […]

Maggie’s Lanarkshire Afternoon Tea

Maggie’s Lanarkshire is inviting ladies to attend an Afternoon Tea on 25 June to help raise funds for people with cancer. Funds raised will help people like, Helen, 66, from Carluke who was diagnosed with bladder cancer in August 2017. Now having come through cancer treatment and with support from Maggie’s, Helen is back to […]

Beacons Donation from Asda

Thank you to Asda who kindly donated Recovery Beacons recently with a £300 donation check. Mary Sutherland, Blantyre ASDA’s Community Champion is pictured handing over the charitable gift on 19th May 2022. A spokesperson for South Lanarkshire Beacons added, “It was gratefully received and our community will put it to such good use. Thank you […]

Three Marathons in May

Kenny Smith has set himself an awesome challenge.  He’s running 3 marathons in the month of May, raising money for the cancer charity which supported him. No stranger to running, Kenny and his two children, Natasha and George, both challenged themselves in 2019 when they took part in numerous running events across Scotland raising over £3,000 […]