A Blantyre based organisation is amongst several groups to be awarded a share of almost £5,000 in the Blantyre and Hamilton area to help with their response to the global pandemic.
Members of the Hamilton Area Committee agreed this week that five local organisations should receive £4,802, which will be used to support their valuable work.
The following groups received money to support their Covid-19 response:
• Beacons – £1,000 for family support with addictions and self-care packs
• The Haven – £1,000 for digital wellbeing support services
• Cadzow Parish Church – £802 for equipment
• Hillhouse Community Council – £1,000 for Children’s Gift Packs
• The Parent and Child Support (PACS) Group – £1,000 for outdoor activities and materials for children with Additional Support Needs
Although most activities are under restrictions at the moment, local groups can still apply for community grants.
Hamilton Area Committee also awarded the following community grants:
• Dalserf Village Garden Club – £350 for an Environmental project
• Hillhouse Link Tenants’ and Residents’ Association – £400 for materials
• 112th Lanarkshire Scout Group, Hamilton – £385 for materials
179 total views