The Scottish Government have today announced that from this Monday (9 August), Scotland will move beyond the current level 0, lifting most of the remaining legally imposed restrictions.
All premises that are currently closed – including nightclubs – will be able to open, with social distancing measures and limits on gatherings removed. It also means that from 9 August, no venues will be legally required to close.
However, a number of measures will remain in place.
- Face coverings must be worn in all the same indoor settings. This is likely to be law for some time to come.
2. Indoor hospitality and similar venues will continue to collect the contact details of customers.
3. Localised restrictions will be used if necessary to control outbreaks. Travel restrictions could also be used.
4. The advice remains to continue home-working where possible.
5. Large-scale events will, for a limited period, need to apply for permission. This applies to outdoor events of more than 5,000 and indoor events of more than 2000.
151 total views