If you’re the owner of an Apple Device, (e.g Mac, Ipad, Iphone or Iwatch), you’ll want to pay attention to an urgent security update pushed out this weekend.
Apple have rolled out the update to attend to a serious security flaw and are advising users to update their devices as soon as possible. That makes it extra important for you to update your device right now. It’s the only way to be sure you’re safe from any of these attacks. The good news is it should already be waiting in the software update menu, waiting to be downloaded.
Here’s how to check for yourself:
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Select General > Software Update.
3. Hit Download and Install.
4. Enter your passcode and agree to any terms and conditions that pop up
5. Once downloaded hit Install Now. Make sure your device has at least 50% of its battery, or is plugged into a power supply, otherwise the option will be grayed out.
6. Wait for your device to restart.
7. Once restarted, your device will confirm the update was successful, leaving you to go about your day.
It’s worth checking even if you have automatic updates activated.
195 total views