Key headlines from today’s Covid daily briefing for Scotland.
1. GDP figures show the UK economy shrunk by 20.4% in April – the biggest contraction on record
2. First Minister Nicola Sturgeon calls for the UK government to extend the furlough scheme for Scots.
3. Three more patients who tested positive have died in Scotland, taking the total by that measure to 2,442
4. Scottish Secretary Alistair Jack calls for the current two-metre distancing rule to be relaxed to 1m as soon as it is safe to do so
5. Scotland’s hospitality trade ‘risks losing 40,000 jobs’ unless the two-metre rule is reduced
6. The Scottish government’s growth commission chairman says Scotland is more exposed to the impact of the Covid crisis
7. Hope Street in Glasgow is identified as the pollution hot-spot with Britain’s biggest improvement in air quality
8. Calmac are due to review their essential lifeline timetable on 30th June 2020.
69 total views