The Met Office has issued a weather warning of thunder and lightning storms over 3 days next week.
From Monday 10th to Wednesday 12th August 2020, frequent thunder and lightning storms are expected over the entire UK. According to their website:
- There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater, lightning strikes and large hail.
- Where flooding or lightning strikes occur, there is a chance of delays and some cancellations to public transport.
- Spray and sudden flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and increased chance of accidents.
- There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost
- There is a small chance of fast flowing or deep floodwater causing danger to life
18 total views