|With Christmas only 2 weeks away, many of us are turning to online websites to get in some last minute Christmas shopping. |
The National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) have launched a new campaign to help online Christmas shoppers avoid festive fraud. Between November 2019 and the end of January 2020, there were 17,405 reports of online shopping fraud, reporting a loss of £13.5 million.
Guidance has been issued to keep people safer when shopping online.
|The Cyber Aware campaign encourages the public to adopt six behaviours to protect their online accounts and devices:|
1. Use a strong and separate password for your email
2. Create strong passwords using 3 random words
3. Save your passwords in your browser
4. Turn on two-factor authentication (2FA)
5. Update your devices and apps
6. Back up your data
Find more advice about shopping safely online on our website.
106 total views