Rat Poison Alert

You may recall a few weeks ago we posted about rats being observed in Stonefield Public Park (McAnulty Park, Blantyre). They had been living in holes in the ground, not far from the sheltered houses. Environmental Services were called out to deal with the problem, but a few weeks later rats were still being seen.

Today, Saturday 26th June, a concerned resident has observed blue rat poison lying beside a tree, which was NOT left by the council. An alert goes out to the danger of anybody putting down poison freely in the open like this without bait boxes. Dogs could quite easily get to this. The danger also exists for other animals including cats.

Please be mindful of this, especially if you have dogs off the lead. Best always to phone environmental services at South Lanarkshire Council and let the authorities deal with this by proper methods.

 177 total views

Leave a Reply