Whatsapp is removing support for many Android and iPhones in the coming weeks.
WhatsApp is set to stop working on 43 models of smartphone in just two months time. From November, millions of people could find themselves unable to access messages, photos, and videos from their loved ones.
Smartphone models with Android 4.0.4 or earlier installed will become incompatible with WhatsApp, as well as iPhones with iOS 9 or earlier installed.
The following phone models will lose access to the app:
- Samsung Galaxy Trend Lite, Galaxy Trend II, Galaxy SII, Galaxy S3 mini, Galaxy Xcover 2, Galaxy Core and Galaxy Ace 2.
- LGLucid 2, Optimus F7, Optimus F5, Optimus L3 II Dual, Optimus F5, Optimus L5, Optimus L5 II, Optimus L5 Dual, Optimus L3 II, Optimus L7, Optimus L7 II Dual, Optimus L7 II, Optimus F6, Enact , Optimus L4 II Dual, Optimus F3, Optimus L4 II, Optimus L2 II, Optimus Nitro HD and 4X HD and Optimus F3Q.
- ZTE: Grand S Flex, ZTE V956, Grand X Quad V987 and Grand Memo.
- Sony Xperia Miro, Sony Xperia Neo L, Xperia Arc S
- Archos 53 Platinum, HTC Desire 500, Caterpillar Cat B15, Wiko Cink Five, Wiko Darknight, Lenovo A820, UMi X2, Faea F1 and THL W8.
- Huawei Ascend Mate and Ascend D2Alcatel: One Touch Evo 7
- Apple iPhone SE, 6S, and 6S Plus
WhatsApp has added lots of new features this year – such as disappearing messages, joinable group calls, and stickers. It claims it is phasing out support for these older phones to ensure the app still runs securely.
110 total views