Vehicle ablaze on Main Street

Some considerable alarm and shock occurred at High Blantyre Main Street this afternoon, when a vehicle went on fire near Blakely’s Pub. The parked vehicle, near the chemist opposite the top of Broompark Road was on fire around 4pm this afternoon.

The scene was attended by the fire brigade and the road temporarily closed off, as photographed here by Meghan MacDougall. The immediate shops were closed. It is unknown if there was any injuries or indeed, how the blaze started.

Screen Shot 2016-03-06 at 18.11.51


Leave a Reply